This comes from a post on my friend Tawn’s blog ChickenAndKetchup. Having several friends of different cultural backgrounds, Tawn couldn’t help but notice commonalities among people of the same ethnicity. Her observations are meant to be humorous and though many of these questions are based on stereotypes, they are in no way intended to offend anyone. Anyways, I had answers to many of the questions she asked, so here we go…
- How come the average size of a man’s wang differs across different races? A: Genetics
- How come the average breast and hip size of a woman differs across different races? A: Again, genetics.
- How come Vietnamese girls are the ones who are more likely to get breast implants? A: They’re more superficial and more willing to spend money on fake boobs. Also, Viet guys tend to spoil their gf’s, so they may buy the boobs for their girl.
- How come Koreans girls are more likely to get surgery on their face? i.e. double eyelids? A: It’s part of Korean culture. It’s basically expected that you get your eyes done by the time you graduate college. Kinda like how we’re expected to get a license at age 16 (shout out to Minh).
- How come a lot of White people often walk without shoes? A: Cuz they grew up in suburban America where it’s clean and safe to walk around barefoot. Fuck around and walk barefoot in the hood and you’ll probably step on glass.
- How come a lot of Korean guys and Mexican guys like to be super douchey and overprotective of their significant others? A: They’re insecure, and all their fathers are assholes like that.
- How come Asians like their karaoke? A: Because it’s fucking fun.
- How come a lot of Latinos hang out in the front of their house? A: It’s not Latinos that hang outside their house, it’s people from lower-income households, regardless of race. For an example of non-Latinos hanging outside, watch the movie Friday.
- How come a lot of White people say, “WOOOOOO!” when they’re drunk? A: Specifically, drunk white girls. It’s a signal to the hunters that the prey is ready for the taking.
- How come Filipinos seem to always roll deep? A: Because we do.
- How come Filipinos spell certain things with a Ph or a F or P. I’m always confused as to which one to use. A: http://tagaloglang.com/The-Philippines/Language/filipino-tagalog-pilipino.html
- How come we (Asians) always seem to place Chinese and Koreans at a higher social status in the Asian ladder of coolness. Ok, using Yao Ming as a reason isn’t legit. Haha. A: Filipinos are the coolest Asians. It’s scientifically proven.
- Why do us jungle Asians have the most issues with the law? A: We like doing hood rat stuff with our friends.
- How come Filipinos and Blacks are naturally better dancers? A: Referring to my earlier point, we’re naturally cooler. I also want to point out that Filipino and African-American cultures have a lot of similarities. I may have to blog about this later.
- How come White people love getting darker (tan), while everyone else is trying to maintain the lightest color as possible…but not too light or we look sickly. A: Because in most other cultures the working class is dark.
- How come Vietnamese and Mexicans both like cilantro, green onions, and lime? A: Teenage pregnancy.
Make sure you check out Tawn’s blog for the full list of questions.